Element Management System
SkyPilot EMS is a powerful element management system that gives installers and network administrators a variety of tools for efficient deployment and ongoing management of SkyPilot wireless mesh networks. As a client / server application, SkyPilot EMS is deployed at the network operations center (NOC) to provide comprehensive remote management at the device and network levels, with integration options for industry standard SNMP and XML based management systems.
SkyPilot EMS offers unparalleled network visualization through the integration of Google Earth™ mapping service. By utilizing the unique GPS attribute of SkyPilot mesh devices, SkyPilot EMS can automatically populate Google Earth maps with data-rich network diagrams, and offers configuration options to depict node attributes, link status and frequency by color for highly intuitive viewing. No other wireless mesh solution offers this combination of automation and GPS-based accuracy to eliminate time intensive manual map preparation.
SkyPilot EMS provides complete FCAPS (Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, and Security) management functionality, with the ability to define specific tolerance and reporting levels to aid with network monitoring and performance tuning.Features of SkyPilot EMS
- Management capabilities at the network and device level
- Google Earth™ mapping service integration for enhanced network visualization
- Over-the-air automatic provisioning and configuration
- Robust traffic management including subscriber traffic shaping and filtering
- Real-time fault alarms and event reporting to accelerate problem identification and resolution
- Standards-based SNMP remote management